Transfer to Individual Identification Numbers (IIN)16.08.2010
Dear Customers – Individual Persons,
JSC BTA Bank is pleased to inform that in compliance with the Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan “On national registers of identification numbers” the transition to Individual Identification Numbers (IIN) in the Republic of Kazakhstan will be carried from January 1, 2012.
Individual Identification Numbers (IIN) is a unique number formed for an individual person (12-digit numerical code included into ID Cards since January 1, 1998).
From January, 2012 ID Documents of both residents and non-residents of the Republic of Kazakhstan will be invalid should they lack IIN:
- — passport of resident of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- — ID Card;
- — residence permit in the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- — ID Cards of persons without citizenship;
- — registration certificate for foreigners and persons without citizenship in cases of Lack of ID documents of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
Since January 1, 2012 IIN shall be used upon:
- — opening and maintenance of accounts with banks and organizations performing some types of banking transactions;
- — payments and transfers including compulsory pension installments and social payments as well as tax obligations.
In this regard in order to get continuous service individual persons shall provide identification number information to the Bank till December 1, 2011.
From January 1, 2012 further banking services (such as acceptance and processing of payment documents, opening and maintenance of accounts) provided to customers will not be available in the following cases:
- — In the absence of identification number (IIN) in ID documents;
- — non-provision of ID documents with IIN to the Bank’s branch
In case there is no IIN in your ID, please refer to Population Service Center at your location to get new ID documents and then kindly provide them to the Bank.
To get more information please contact the BTA Bank’s Unit where you have been served so far.