Dear shareholders of “BTA Bank” JSC (Kazakhstan)!
We hereby inform you that according to changes introduced into clause 5 of article 17 of Banking Law of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter referred to as “Banking Law”), which came into force since January 1, 2010, legal entities registered in offshore areas, the list of which is provided by authorized body, can not possess, and (or) use, and (or) dispose of voting shares of resident-banks of the Republic of Kazakhstan (previously this restriction also applied to natural persons who are the members (founders, shareholders) of legal entities registered in offshore areas, and to legal entities having affiliates registered in offshore areas)
This restriction does not apply to the banks which are subsidiaries of non-resident-banks of the Republic of Kazakhstan, having minimal required rating of one of the rating agencies.
List of rating agencies and minimal required rating shall be fixed by authoritative body.
Taking the abovementioned into account, we notify that in the event that you as a legal entity is registered in one of offshore areas, the list of which is fixed by authoritative body, you should contact “BTA Bank” JSC as soon as possible to determine possible ways of bringing this situation into line with the requirements of legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan on the following contact information:
Full name on contact person: Аманханова Гульзира
Tel.: +7 (727) 266 2667
List of offshore areas
- Principality of Andorra.
- State of Antigua and Barbuda.
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas.
- State of Barbados.
- State of Belize.
- State of Brunei Darussalam.
- The Republic of Vanuatu.
- The Republic of Guatemala.
- State of Grenada.
- The Republic of Djibouti.
- Dominican Republic.
- The Republic of Indonesia.
- Spain (only in the parts of territory of Canary Islands).
- The Republic of Cyprus.
- Chinese People's Republic (only in the parts of territory of special administrative districts Aomyn (Macao) and Syangan (Hong Kong).
- Federal Islamic Republic of Comoros.
- Republic of Costa Rica.
- Malaysia (only in the parts of territory of Labuan).
- Republic of Liberia.
- The Principality of Liechtenstein.
- Republic of Mauritius.
- Portugal (only in the parts of territory of Madeira).
- Republic of Maldives.
- Republic of Malta.
- Republic of the Marshall Islands.
- The Principality of Monaco.
- The Union of Myanmar.
- The Netherlands (only in the part of territory of Aruba and dependent territories of Antilles).
- Federal Republic of Nigeria.
- New Zealand (only in the parts of territory of Cook Islands and Niue).
- Republic of Palau.
- The Republic of Panama.
- Independent State of Samoa.
- The Republic of Seychelles.
- State of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis.
- State of Saint Lucia.
- United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (only in the parts of the following territories):
- The island of Anguilla;
- British Virgin Islands;
- Cayman Islands;
- Montserrat Island;
- Turks and Caicos Islands;
- Isle of Man;
- Channel Islands (Guernsey, Jersey, Sark, Alderney).
- United States (only in the part of territories of U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico).
- The Kingdom of Tonga.
- Republic of the Philippines.
- Democratic Republic of Sri Lanka.