Joint event of BTA Bank and Western Union30.09.2011
In honor of 10th anniversary of cooperation with Western Union, which celebrates its 160th anniversary this year, BTA Bank launches special event. Everyone who transfers money via Western Union from any of 221 units of BTA Bank during the period from October 1 till November 30, 2011, will get an opportunity to win one of 200 money prizes*, including:
- 50 prizes of 20 000 tenge each
- 50 prizes of 10 000 tenge each
- 100 prizes of 5 000 tenge each
* Tax in relation to receipt of money prize is paid by BTA Bank.
About Western Union
Western Union is one of the leaders on the payment services market. Under its Orlandi Valuta, Pago Facil and Vigo brands and Western Union branch, specializing in rendering services to legal entities (Western Union Business Solutions), the Western Union Company provides consumers fast, reliable and convenient ways to send and receive money around the world, as well as send payments and purchase money orders. Western Union, Vigo and Orlandi Valuta network includes 470 000 agent locations in 200 countries and territories. In 2010, Western Union processed 214 mln. transactions between natural persons worldwide for the total amount of USD 76 bln.; the company also executed 405 mln. transactions between natural persons and legal entities. For more information, please visit the official website of the company: www.westernunion.com.
Millions of people rely on Western Union in case they need to support their family or help travelers in an unforeseen situation. Every transfer is protected by our worldwide security system and provided with money transfer control number (MTCN), which enables to easily find a transfer and check its status.
Money can be received within a few minutes after sending*. Western Union uses the latest electronic technology and its unique worldwide computer network, which enables it to execute fast money transfer payments in over 200 countries and territories.
You don’t have to open a bank account, because you can either send or receive money transfer in any of 410 000** service points of Western Union all around the world.
* When making money transfer, one needs to take into account working hours of the unit and the time difference between time zones.
** In some countries only services on receiving money transfers can be rendered; services of sending money transfers in such countries are not available.
Cooperation with BTA Bank
Cooperation between Western Union and BTA Bank goes back to 2001, when in Otyrar Unit of Almaty Branch of Bank TuranAlem the first transfer was made. Today this cooperation means:
- good tariffs for transfers in tenge and USD around Kazakhstan
- high speed and simplicity of executing money transfer
- reliability and confidentiality
- extensive network of service points
How to make Western Union money transfer
- Fill in a short form for money transfer
- Present your completed form along with the money you'd like to send, identification document, and payment for transfer to the operator
- Operator will enter the information about transfer into the system and print out electronic application which you will need to sign
- After sending transfer, you will get a copy of electronic application with control number of money transfer indicated thereon
- Please call to your receiver and tell him/her the transfer amount, country from which the transfer was sent, or control number of transfer
How to receive Western Union money transfer
- Fill in a short form for receipt of money, indicating the sender’s name, transfer amount, and country from which the transfer was sent
- Submit your completed form along with identification document to the operator in Western Union service point
- Operator will give you a money transfer and check
- The receiver does not pay fee for receipt of transfer
- According to Kazakhstan legislation, when applying to BTA Bank unit, you need to present your TIN certificate
- Maximal amount of transfer per day is USD 7 400 (or the equivalent of the amount in tenge)